Saturday, February 10, 2018

Day 2


I began collecting four-leaf clovers in 1970. I found one lying in Flushing Meadow Park in Queens. The next day I was in the park across the street from my house in the Bronx looking for one. I wrote in my four-leaf clover notebook, 

An old lady came over to me and said, "Look over here and you'll find one." I said, "Do you really think so?" and she said, "I hope so." Well, I did find one right then and I ran up her and told her and showed it to her and we were both so happy. 

Four-leaf clover collecting has added the feeling of magic to my life.

Since then I have collected dozens of them. I can often be found stopping at clover patches, looking at every clover while picturing a four-leaf clover in my head till I find one.

Today I stopped at my new favorite spot. A few weeks ago I found two there, and gave one to the owner who was on her way to visit a friend in the hospital. I told her to iron it inside wax paper to preserve it, so she could give it to her friend. I had been meaning to check back at the site to see if there were any more. And, yes, after some looking this morning and a request to the universe to help me find it, there it was. 

"Magic is hard to spot when we don't believe it exists." —Jim Nicolai from Integrative Wellness Rules

No comments:

Post a Comment